Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Direction?

So, I haven't posted in a while. I don't think this whole "blogging" thing is for me. I realized the other day, that I don't actually want people to know all of my thoughts about the world. This was perhaps a result of the fact that I have typed up two blog posts recently, neither of which I have posted, one of which I never plan to post. The other, I might, but I just don't think you'd find it as funny or interesting as I do. Alas, such is the failing of women: that they are not as funny as men. Scientific fact. Unless you're in Russia. I may type up a post about that one day (if I ever post anything ever again).
Well, yesterday was Jace's birthday, so we made him a cake. The cake itself was nothing special (chocolate cake mix, though instead of following the "high altitude directions" exactly, I added in some hot cocoa powder instead of maybe half of the flour? It wasn't very accurately measured. Also, I'm 87% sure that this did absolutely nothing to benefit the cake. But I like that I did it). It was then topped with this magical frosting concoction that Brie and I have made, and then I melted some chocolate chips and added some milk to make an imitation ganache to drizzle over the top of the cake. For the record: melted chocolate is not a very precise medium. It's a good thing that I wasn't trying to be TOO artsy with it, or it assuredly would have looked awful. However, trying to drizzle it in mostly the same direction turned out well (sorry, no pics. I should've thought of that sooner!).
So today we were eating some of this cake, when someone suggested that I should open a cupcake place, and just be domestic all day, making awesome cupcakes. If only I could find someone to pay me to do that! Oh well. But it made me consider making this into a baking blog, which would probably not be healthy for me or my roommates. I don't think I will, but I did consider it, a little.
BUT, if I did open a cupcake store, I decided one of the cupcakes I will sell. It will be based on this magical icing that Brie and I made last a few weeks ago for brownies and then tried to perfect again last night. I will call it the "BriannaDark" cupcake. The cake will be chocolate, with some nutmeg in it (that's a work in progress; I've never put nutmeg in a chocolate cake before, plus I've only ever used box mix). The icing will be comprised of butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, and nutmeg. (Intrigued yet?) It's surprisingly very good. Then, I will top each cupcake with some drizzle of ganache (because it's my ganache and I like it!).
Soooooo... that's my life right now. We'll see how this blog thing goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment