Monday, February 27, 2012

Life's little discoveries

There are moments in life where you make small little discoveries, and they make you stop and think for a moment. I have had a few of those recently, and thought I'd share:
~I realized that the grout between the tiles on the Cannon Center floor is actually white. This one was a little disturbing. In their defense, Zoe said that they intentionally painted the grout black for some reason, at least in the Salad Bar, but I'm still a little bit suspicious.
~ I was wrapping up some butterbeer cupcakes (SO GOOD) that I had made for a Relief Society activity the next day, and I was having trouble with the cling wrap. Honestly, I hate cling wrap. You cut it, and then it folds itself into a terrible, un-detangleable ball, completely useless. So, I finally got frustrated enough that I requested Zobe's assistance in straightening the darn thing out. Once it was all flat, I pulled it over to the cupcake plate and attempted to put it on the plate in the same direction as the piece I had put on before it. Zobe, quietly, patiently, moved her side over to an uncovered edge of the cupcake plate, which reminded me that I needed to move mine in line with hers. Once the cling wrap was down in the correct position, I said "Thanks, Zobe. I didn't even know where it was that I wanted to go." And then it hit me, that life and our relationship with God is sometimes this way. We know what we want, and we think we know how to get there, but God knows better, and He guides us in such a way that when we line ourselves with Him, we realize that this was what we wanted all along.
~ After saying something that accidentally came out with a far more sarcastic intonation than intended while working at the Grill, I realized that it is probably not the best idea to stay up until 6 in the morning when you are going to work a 7 hour customer service shift the next day.
~I walked out into the slush one morning and realized that the hole in the bottom of my shoe is far larger than I thought it was.
~ I discovered that I shouldn't be dramatic when completing tasks like moving heavy objects, or else I may turn out to have a chivalrous coworker nearby who actually will help me, even though that is, in reality, quite unnecessary.
~ I discovered an article titled "Llama Protiens Could Play a Vital Role in the War on Terror." Apparently, Llamas have flexible antibodies, which allow them to target more than one disease? I didn't really read it too closely. Mostly, Brie and I just wanted to know if you could get Anthrax from Llama wool (I don't think you can).

No comments:

Post a Comment