Friday, February 3, 2012

A Fantastic Week

So, I was incredibly blessed this week. Like, blessed up the wazzoo. I thought I'd just enumerate a few of the amazing things that have happened to me. :)

1. My baby sister, Elizabeth (not to be confused with Elisabeth, my roommate), made it into her middle school play! Not just made it in, but got a legit part! She's Tweedledum in Alice and Wonderland! I'm so proud of her! :)

2. I didn't get the chance to study for my in-class quiz on Monday. Monday was going to be a super stressful day, and I didn't quite know how I was going to handle everything. Well, Monday was actually my super miracle day. I got to class, completely unprepared for this quiz, and then... it never happened. The quiz on that topic was postponed until Wednesday. Not that I was particularly more prepared on Wednesday, but it was such a blessing that I didn't have to worry about it then.

3. I was convinced that I had to take my New Testament test and my Bio test both on Monday, neither of which I was particularly prepared for. See, I have some very strict rules about my test taking. #1: no tests on Saturdays. #2: I don't pay to take tests on late days. Despite the fact that I got out of class at 3, then had my visiting teachers coming at 6, and then had to go to work at 8:30, and had to do my laundry and homework somewhere in there, I had to take both of these test this day, because this was the last free day for both of them. Or so I thought, until I got to Bio class, and the girl next to me reminded me that the Tuesday was also a free day. Hallelujah!

4. The New Testament test? 12 multiple choice questions. 100%. Win.

5. Laundry got done. Sometimes, doesn't happen when it should. Did this day.

6. Did I mention that this Monday had been the first time I'd been on time to German class in over a week?

7. Tuesday, I now had two tests, but I had plenty of time to do them, and I was able to study the night before. German, I was worried about, because I'm not super solid on all of what we learn. It's all very fast, and kinda abstract. Anyway, I was told that morning that the test was going to be over an hour long. About thirty minutes in, I'm thinking "holy goodness, I've already answered like 70 questions. How long is this test going to be?!" Then, at the 41 minute mark, I finished the test. I'm not sure how well I did, exactly, but I got it done quickly, which may or may not be good? Anyway, I'm super grateful that was easier than I anticipated.

8. Bio test = worst test of my life. Well over an hour and a half. And it was a very poorly written test. Trust me, I'm taking a class on writing good tests. It was dreadful. About half way through, I wanted to just get up, chuck my brain out the window, and leave. Mostly because I knew I was only half way done, and I was burnt out. Plus, the kid next to me, who was sprawled all over two or three desks, kept scratching his head. Not just quietly, calmly scratching his head. I mean, it was noisy. It was anxious. It was like he couldn't access the information simply from internal neural communication, he had to scratch through the skin and bone to get to his brain to manually pull this out. And it was CONSTANT. I got out of the testing center when I was done, and was sure I'd need whatever heavy curve our teacher pulled out. I checked my score: I got a 90% on that sucker! Turns out, the high for the whole class was a 91%, so with the curve I got a 99% on that test. Win.

9. Wednesday, I made it to my Psych 304 review, and was able to get through the whole study guide before I had to go to work. Which was especially good, because I needed it.

10. Also, the test that was supposed to go from Wednesday- Saturday was moved to Friday - Monday.

11. Thursday, we had a friend's night out. Brie, Sierra, Erin and I went to Subway, and then on to the Creamery on Ninth, where we got ice cream (Graham Canyon = BEST EVER!!!!). I got graham canyon, Sierra got her first ever taste of graham canyon, and Erin got a combination of graham canyon and something else, apparently something flavored with drugs, because she was the life of the party after that. I'm not sure I'm at liberty to blog the things she said, but rest assured, it was hilarious. It needs to happen again soon.

12. While we were at the Creamery, we picked up some apple beer and cake mix for our friend Noah, who is on a mission, because it was his birthday that day. We got a package made and sent out by the next day, including letters, which was nice. I haven't sent anything to missionaries in like a month...

13. Speaking of missionaries, I got 3 letters from missionaries this week! One from Elder Noah Christian on Wednesday, which was very unexpected because his letters usually come on Fridays, normally, since his P-Day is on Tuesdays (I totally feel like Ms. Bates of Jane Austen's "Emma"). On Thursday, I got letters from Elder Ian Bliss, who I haven't heard from since I wrote him at the beginning of January, which surprised me, because he's in freshly out and only in California, and Elder James Hall, who is in Uruguay, so we don't get to hear from him a lot. I haven't gotten missionary letters in forever, and I've really been wanting to hear from them. Perhaps this means that I should actually write them back... well, that's a work in progress.

14. Due to the Thursday night festivities, I didn't get a chance to do all of my homework. I prayed that I wouldn't get called on to do the Stichprobe or the Begrüßung in German class. And I wasn't. That made me super happy.

15. I also did not get my mini-paper done for Psych 303. I did my best to finish it in the hour before class, but it just didn't cut it. I got the first two parts done, but the last bit was completely nonexistent. So I turned it in with the others, then went up to the teacher after class and asked if I could turn in the last part later. She responded by telling me to dig my assignment out of the pile, then turn it all back in on Monday, no penalty, because there had been some confusion on the dates for this assignment. That was a HUGE blessing. Plus, while looking back over this assignment, I realized that it was in no condition to be turned in. Like I forgot to change "Nicolas Gueguen of the university of something or other" to the actual school that he worked for. And that wasn't the only one.

16. We got treats after work. YES!!!!!!!!

So, I hope you had a fantastic week, too! I hope that, at least, you were able to find the times when you've been blessed. I know I sometimes forget, and I was so glad that I was able to find some of these blessings this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment