Here's a synopsis of the conversation that was going down in the living room as I came into the apartment and grabbed some cereal.
Sierra: So, in social psychology...
Brie: Sorry, all I can think about is elephants and monkeys.
Sierra: Elephants and monkeys?
Brie: I'm exhausted.
Sierra: Did you know that elephants are the only animals that can't jump?
Sierra: Did you know that elephants are the only animals that can't jump?
*contemplative silence*
Brie: Are whales animals?
Sierra: yeah...
Brie: Do they jump? I feel like you need legs to jump.
Sierra: Well, they kind of jump, like out of the water...
Me chiming in: But what about other fish? *pause* I mean, just regular fish, because whales are mammals, and not fish.
*pause*
Brie: Do they jump? I feel like you need legs to jump.
Sierra: Well, they kind of jump, like out of the water...
Me chiming in: But what about other fish? *pause* I mean, just regular fish, because whales are mammals, and not fish.
*pause*
Sierra: Fine. They're the only land animals that can't jump.
*contemplative silence*
Me: What about worms? Can they jump?
Brie: Yeah! What about worms? Or snails? Can snails jump?
I missed the rest of the conversation, but I think we established that elephants are the only animals with legs that can't jump. However, since this came from logical speculation, I don't think it is super trustworthy.
During a discussion on some serious topic, like communication types or Social Psychology...
Brie: In my head right now, is a person seductively licking the pudding off the top of a pudding cup.
*confused pause quickly followed with much of laughter*
Sierra: Sometimes, I just wish I could send a probe into your brain, just so I could figure out what is going in there.
Sierra: Sometimes, I just wish I could send a probe into your brain, just so I could figure out what is going in there.
Brie: It's chocolate.
Sierra: Of course. That's the only kind of pudding that you can lick seductively.
Brie: I don't know, tapioca is pretty seductive.
They continued to debate the seductiveness and sophistication of chocolate vs tapioca pudding. This revolved mostly around the tapioca pearls and the differing of opinions about them. It eventually came out that Sierra has actually never had tapioca pudding, and thus has no informed opinion on the matter, throwing her argument completely out. However, the process of completely denouncing her argument came to a halt when Sierra admitted that she had tried to seduce someone with chocolate pudding.
They continued to debate the seductiveness and sophistication of chocolate vs tapioca pudding. This revolved mostly around the tapioca pearls and the differing of opinions about them. It eventually came out that Sierra has actually never had tapioca pudding, and thus has no informed opinion on the matter, throwing her argument completely out. However, the process of completely denouncing her argument came to a halt when Sierra admitted that she had tried to seduce someone with chocolate pudding.
Brie: You tried to seduce someone with pudding, Sierra?!
Sierra: No! I mean, we were just friends! We were just being ridiculous!
Sierra was then forced to divulge background information for this story.
Eventually, Sierra wanted to get back on topic. She decided to follow up her declaration of intent to get back on topic with the phrase "let me seduce you with Social Psychology." Fact: Social Psychology is not extremely seductive. We then followed this up with a discussion on how one could seduce someone with Geography. Just know that it's extremely hard.
And discussions like these are why I love my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment